The mission of Mom of Girls is to provide a positive, nonjudgmental and informative space for parents raising daughters. Maintaining trust and confidence is a big part of this. As such, we will not sell, misuse or trade your personal information with other businesses for marketing purposes.
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- Analytics: We use data such as your interactions with our services (e.g. timing, frequency, pattern, IP address, type of device, info accessed, how you found the site) to help us better understand how our services are being used, to track site performance and to help us improve.
- Social Media: Data is used to enable sharing of content from our services through social networking and other sites.
- If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Information from contact form submissions are held for customer service purposes. Please note, it is not used for marketing purposes.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
We will use data provided to send items you sign up for like newsletters, as well as to provide you with information, offers, and deals that we think may be relevant. We also use it to make your experience more efficient.
Please note: You may always opt-out of receiving future e-mail messages and newsletters. To opt-out, you can send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, however, that you generally cannot opt-out of Service related announcements, e.g. if the Service is temporarily suspended or if delivery of a product or service is delayed.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
We work with service providers that perform functions on our behalf, such as hosting, email and communication management, storage, content management tools, analytics, customer service, and product fulfillment. These service providers have access to the personal information needed to perform their functions.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
How we protect your data
We take the security of your personal information very seriously. We exercise care in providing transmission of your information from your device to our servers.
Please understand, however, that while we try our best to safeguard your personal information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.