Summer 2020 is the season of #SocialDistancing #NoLargeFamilyGatherings #NoFlights #NoInternationalTravel #StaySafe and #WearAMask. So, how do you plan family fun and make the most of long days and beautiful nights and still adhere to Covid-19 guidelines?
You get creative with your Summer 2020 Bucket List :-).
We kept the guidelines simple. For an idea to make it to the Top 20 it had to meet one or more of these criteria:
- Memorable. Years from now I want the girls to say “Remember when we…”
- Helpful and/or inspiring to others
Here’s what we came up with:
- Binner on a Beach. Yes, let’s eat breakfast food for dinner (aka binner) on the beach!
- Be Kind Drop-Off. This is a Random Acts of Kindness Day when we drop off love packages for family and friends.
- Old School Game Day. Think jump rope, hopscotch, and all the fun things you did as a child.
- Tourist for a Day. We will enjoy our hometown like a tourist!
- Drive-In Movie
- Road Trip
- Make a Short Film. I made this a group project for the girls. They are doing everything from concept to shooting/editing to delivering a final project.
- Pajama Day
- Family Art Project
- Sweet Soiree. Think pretty sundresses and an amazing dessert bar, 🙂.
- Start a Domestic Travel Bucket List. Travel is usually a big part of our planning, but this year is different. That doesn’t mean we can plan for the future. So we’re creating this list and will plan to check off a few every year.
- Make Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Starry Night. Stargazing is fun, especially since we can’t always see them from our home.
- Movie Night Fort
- Lunch at the Lake
- Make Cotton Candy
- Spa Day
- Make Hibiscus Tea
- Write a Short Story
Want a free printable of the 2020 summer bucket list? Here you go.
We’re framing ours and checking off each thing with a dry erase marker as we go. You can also pin it to a board, add it to a page in your journal, etc.